Monday, July 27, 2009

My post on things

First of all, let me say for all you "english" majors out there... get over it. I have no time for spell check nor do I care to proofread what i write. Or read it at all for that matter. on to the recap.
Here in Carly's condo in Seattle I am hot. It is hot and I want to swim. But i blog instead.

Starting at Green Peter lake (not green pepper) we met up with Aaron again for a day of wakeboarding, camped and generally hung out. Then as soon as we were there, we were gone and headed to... Tillamook!

Tillamook? Is it necessary to take a 200 mile detour to the coast for a tour of a cheese factory?
No. But it's sterile and I like the tastes.

sorry that was dumb. anyways we had our fill of cheese and ice cream, a great combo, and headed for the hills/ someone's property. Sticking to our policy of never paying for lodging through the trip we skimped on the 4 dollar campsite and found an overgrown ATV road to follow into the hills. It turned out to be amazing, didn't even get run over by offroad enthusiasts.

The next morning we woke up early because we had 70 miles to Portland to cover before the continental breakfast closed. (sidenote: Kevin just mascared his mustache, pretty amazing. pic to come) Ate the breakfast, the folks at moliday binn nexpress know their biscuits and gravy and I commend them for it. Not enough to actually "pay" but kudos are in order.

Feeling rather comatose we hit the road again. Got to Mt. St. Helens where we listened to a ranger give us and others the deal with the volcano. It was ok. The mountain itself is absolutely incredible. Riding up to the lookout ridge there were downed trees for miles, nothing like the typical forests surrounding peaks like these.

Anywho, met some other bikers on KTM's, but they had nothing on our K75's. Tired of writing.
anyways put this in:

At the bottom of st. helens we were at the gas station eating ice cream, because it was hot, when we started to talking to an outpatient gal who knew of a local swimming hole. With a little rearranging I now had some new cargo on the back of my bike and she navigated us to the spot. Sketchy to say the least. We park at and abondoned building (in washington this means meth lab) where our bikes were sure to be a ok. then she and kevin started walking towards the spot while I nakeded into my board shorts. as im walking to catch up kevin has left her and is walking back towards me with a scared look on his face, moreso than usual. He says something like "gawrsh Luke, I dont know about this..."

I am partial to swimming so I followed her through the woods towards the creek. At the spot there were 3 other guys who knew her, and she kept reassuring me that it was going to be ok. which was weird because I hadn't said a word. But I love swimming so I something something jumped into the river where these guys who were now groping their long lost friend were. I flexed, showed my beard, and everything was fine. Turns out they were hillbillys, not even the stabbin kind, and they also like beer. We got on great.

The story told as told to kevin by our friend stacybill (name changed due to memory reasons) went as follows:
I was walking with her along the bridge. 3 guys start waving toothily at me from the watering hole. Stacybill shies aways, and says, omg it's buckwheat and jimfrank his dad. I say "is that a problem little lady?" She says "they all wanna s * x me (taken verbatem with asterisk and all). and the father grabbed my chesticles so i stole his cars." Flabbergasted I exclaim nothing at all. urinate a bit. she replies "they were only antiques (aka hot wheels)." This is when kevin turns around without a word to "check on the bikes."

Thats the story, later we were gonna camp at mt. ranier, but a landslide took out the road we were planning on taking in. so we made it to seattle. Definetly going to combe back and climb ranier when we can. it is impressive. very craggy.



1 comment: