Monday, August 10, 2009

End of an era

Here I sit in the business lounge full of delicious HIE breakfast.
We got to Boulder, CO to drop Kevin's bike off with the Fellows. Upon arriving at this house, Steph's mom, Kay, shows up to the sight of two dirty mustached vagabonds in her living room. Her face lights up. Kay is at the top of the list of my favorite people with Kim from Craigmont. After making sure we get showered and our fill of fresh food she tells us that our show starts in 10 minutes. Little did we know that Kay is an amatuer professional lead singer at Rockband. So we jammed the afternoon away. After a few stern tongue lashings from her I got my drumming act together and soon enough the neighbors were coming in to light one up and enjoy the show. Tuckered out from jamming so hard, Kevin put in some good blog time. I... googled my name. And read some blogs about people riding their motos down to argentina from here. Pretty sweet.

The sun set and we knew it was time to get to dt Boulder. We appropriated Steph's car and headed in. Boulder is known for its endless breweries and delicous beer so we went to the liquor mart and bought joose and pabst. industry standard. After tasting the value we went down the street. Saw a street performer ride a 10 foot suicycle while juggling flaming pins. I fell asleep. Twice. Found a pub, played some baseball game where others tried to make friends with us, but it was too intense so we declined their friend requests. More stuff happened. Probably. Tried to sneak in the back door of a club. Luckily for us the owners best friend was there, telling us we were in trouble this, he was going to call the cops that. Long story short we hung out with his friend all night in a "vip" section. More stuff happened. Kevin gave a bum my phone number promising him work in the land of the free. Being sober as we were we decided to make the 4 mile walk home at 4am. Passed over a fence into a construction site as a short cut. Ended up being harder to get out than in. blah blah blah. In the morning we gathered our lives together and made for the airport.

Travelling around the country on a motorcycle makes you limit which posessions are essential. for one person. Because we were Dumb and Dumbering it the 40 miles through dense traffic to the denver airport, it was a challenge to double the load. We stacked kevins stuff 3 stories high on my bike somehow and headed out. Kay gave Kevin directions to the airport. he tried to pass them onto me. Refusing to listen I sang to myself. Kevin took matters into his own hands by leaning hard and turning for us whenever we had to.

Dropped him off at the aeropuerto and now I was heading to Kansas to find me a tornado...

1 comment: