Monday, August 10, 2009

Which way to Kansas?

Well my plan was to head to Kansas. But as I was leaving the airport I saw a sign west. I took it. I had just remembered that there was a South American Adventure bike rally somewhere 200 miles west of denver. What's a 400 mile detour anyways. All I had to go by was the iron in my nose and the gps coordinates of the rally outside a town that wasnt on my map. Piece of cake. Eventually found it. Rode down the 4 miles of gravel to place best described as amazing. When i got there I saw 20 of my dream bikes. (650 Gs). There was a pig roasting over an open fire. Somebody yelled "who the hell are you?" I honked my horn. Later that guy fell in the fire. Anyways Im not much for story telling but I met some cool people. Two of which had just gotten back from a 7 month ride to ushiya, argentina. Im tired o writing.

Next morning woke up at 6 to climb a local mountain. Sleep called. I slept. Rode to wherever I 30 miles west of wherever I am today. Watched some big lightning in the distance while I camped in an open cow pasture. More importantly I just caught wind of a tornado warning in Dodge City, KS. Pun intended. Time to put my tarp tent to the ultimate test.

1 comment: